24 Nov Five Marketing and Business Stories from the Twilight of 2013
What a year it was- 2013. There were highs and lows, achievements and areas to improve on. We revisit some of the stories from 2013 to set the stage for 2014.
1. Simon Page End of Year Dinner: more than the merriment which it provides, this annual event is a marketing master piece attracting the crème de la crème in marketing and senior industry leaders spanning many sectors of business. The dinner was themed: Elevate Your Craft and had the Marketing Director of Nestle, Mrs. Iquo Ukoh and Onyekachi Onubogu Commercial Director, Promasidor as special guests.
2. Keep quiet, Exams in progress: that is the sign that was put up a few week ago in December as our professional students in marketing and marketing communications deployed the knowledge they had absorbed over many weeks of intensive classes as they sat for the Chartered Institute
of Marketing (CIM) exams.
3. Successful completion of courses: after assessment comes the compliment especially after you did well. Over 40 marketing students successfully completed their study modules allowing them to move on to the next stage while a few others have successfully completed their marketing qualifications thus attaining full Chartered Marketer’s status.
4. Social Media week- Simon Page Business School was chosen as an event partner for the social media week, Lagos. The Social Media Week is a worldwide event exploring the social, cultural and economic impact of social media. The city of Lagos made history last year by being the first African city to host this global event. It still has that honour and this year’s event is titled: A connected Africa is the future and will be exploring the impact and potential of social media and technology for the African continent. On February 21, 2014, Simon Page will anchor a specialized session titled: The Future through Social Media Analytics .The event will provide practical solutions to the challenges faced by individuals, brands, agencies and e-commerce providers and develop the social media analytic skills needed to excel.
5. The days to come: lectures, exams and conferences. We will clock more man hours in lectures, conduct more examinations and deliver on world class conferences such as the Digital Marketing Conference and Exhibition. Watch out…