This unit aims to provide you with a knowledge and understanding of the function of various media within the marketing mix and communications mix.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Explain the role of different media in the marketing mix and the communications mix.
- Identify the relationships between the advertiser, advertising agencies, media buying and media planning agencies and media owners.
- Set appropriate objectives and strategies and allocate budgets for different media.
- Present an overview of media available and their characteristics, including electronic media, and methods of planning and selection.
- Select appropriate methods for measuring the effectiveness of communications media.