This unit aims to ensure knowledge and understanding of the process of advertising, advertising planning and measuring effectiveness.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Explain the role and structure of advertising in the marketing mix, the communications mix and society.
- Explain the structure of the advertising industry and be able to identify the relationships between the advertiser, advertising agencies, suppliers (e.g. research, production) and media owners.
- Set appropriate advertising objectives, strategies and budgets.
- Understand how to plan strategies for creative and media execution.
- Describe the controls on advertising; social acceptability, legal controls & voluntary constraints, and be able to apply them to given advertisements.
- Select appropriate methods for measuring the effectiveness of advertising.