This unit aims to provide you with an understanding of the disciplines and techniques of direct marketing and sales promotion at an operational level.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Describe the relationship of direct marketing with other marketing communications tools.
- Explain the role of sales promotion, merchandising, point of sale and field marketing in the context of various sectors and in terms of consumer, trade and sales force/employee promotions.
- Develop, manage and maintain a marketing database.Devise, implement and control appropriate direct marketing and sales promotion campaigns to meet defined objectives.
- Apply the principles of testing and measurement and financial controls which support direct marketing and sales promotion campaigns.
- Explain the ethical, legal and self-regulatory environment around the disciplines of direct marketing and sales promotion.
- Justify and manage budgets for individual campaigns.