This unit aims to provide you with an awareness of the role of public relations in relation to the many different publics with which an organisation is concerned.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Define the nature of public relations within a range of organisational frameworks.
- Explain and work within the legal and self-regulatory constraints under which public relations operates.
- Use the various techniques and skills required for effective public relations, including their characteristics, advantages, disadvantages, and costs.
- Explain the media channels employed in public relations in different contexts.
- Analyse situations and identify whether PR is the most appropriate tool to use.
- Analyse situations and suggest appropriate plans of PR action to specific publics within cost and time parameters.